Amazon Kindle Fire is a prominently, reliable, and cost-effective tablet for people who want to run on a budget. However, many users commonly face ‘kindle fire not charging,’ thereby resulting in considerable usability issues. Experts have indicated that the common cause of such a notable issue with Amazon Kindle Fire is a general design flaw.
The chargers for Amazon Kindle Fire tablets generally tend malfunction or complete deterioration. Therefore, the functional Kindle Fire tablet can face insufficiency of power frequently. Although users may describe their kindle fire tablet’s experience not charging as frustrating, it is more than that.
However, this does not necessarily mean that you should throw your tablet away in desperation for solving the issue. There are many troubleshooting methods to get your kindle fire charged and ready for use if you look closer. The following discussion outlines some of the notable problems that could be behind your Amazon kindle fire not charging and solving them with ease.
Kindle Fire not Charging, even if Plugged In
The most common issue in charging your kindle fire is evident when it is plugged in and shows that it is not charging. In this case, you can follow the following processes for troubleshooting the issue.
- Check that the surrounding environment is not too cold and has less humidity. In higher humidity and cold, tablets generally show more sensitivity, thereby leading to performance issues.
- Even if the weather is fine and you find the kindle fire not charging issue, unplug the power adapter and the cable connecting to the tablet.
- Then, press and hold the power button for almost 40 seconds or wait for the device to start.
- You will find a message saying, ‘Do you want to shut down your Fire?’ where you have to click on OK for accepting the prompt.
- Now, connect the cable and power adapter again along with your kindle fire tablet.
- Finally, connect the adapter to a power outlet.
To ensure that the troubleshooting methods work properly, you need to follow certain prerequisites, such as follows.
Pre-requisites before Troubleshooting Kindle Fire Not Charging Issue
- Make sure that you are using the micro-USB cable and power adapter that was provided with the device.
- The tablet must get a charge from a proper power outlet.
- Using a USB port with a computer connection can improve the charging time, although without any charging of the device.
- Ensure that the micro-USB cable is properly connected with the device and power adapter.
- The surrounding environment for charging the Kindle Fire must not be too cold or hot.
Although these basic measures can help you solve your Amazon kindle fire not charging issue, there are many other issues. You should note the different issues to make sure that you have an all-around solution to the problem.
Kindle Fire Not Charging although Message Shows Its Charging
You may come across this issue most of the time where the Kindle Fire screen shows its charging. However, there is no sign of charge even after hours of charging. You can encounter such type of issues primarily due to the design of the device. It is essential to note that Kindle Fire devices depend on the chargers provided with them. In such cases of Kindle Fire not charging, you have to look for the problem’s root. Some of the notable causes are primarily related to the device configuration, software, or the cable and adapter.
On the other hand, the charging port is also a known culprit for such issues. However, if you encounter charging issues despite troubleshooting these factors, you must have a damaged battery. On the contrary, it is always reasonable to look for a solution, irrespective of the reasons for charging.
Check the Charging Outlet Condition
The first step to solve your kindle fire not charging issue starts with the power outlet. Verify that the power outlet is functional and try to determine if it is not functioning properly.
Verify the Charging Adapter Functionality
Most of the time, the charging adapter may be out of order, leading to charging issues. In this case, you can try replacing the adapter with another source of USB power, such as a laptop or PC. Most of the time, this solution can solve charging issues.
Check the Cable for Issues
The charging adapter is not always the reason for your Amazon Kindle fire not charging. Sometimes, the connecting link between the charging adapter and the device, i.e., the USB cable, is also at fault. Try replacing your micro-USB cable with another one, and if the device is charging, you had a faulty cable.
Verify the Charging Port
The constant plugging and unplugging in the charging port could also result in the charging port’s circuitry becoming loose. In worst-case scenarios, the circuits in the charging port might have been detached completely. Furthermore, if you have the habit of using the Kindle Fire tablet for longer periods while the charger is plugged in, you can face charging issues after some time.
The primary reason for such issues with the charging port is its fragile design. So, it is important to verify that the cable is placed properly when connecting the cable. Try moving the cable around in the charging port to check for looseness of the connector. In such cases, you must try out the following methods for troubleshooting the issue.
Place the device flat on an even surface and then plug in the charger. As a result, the wires in the device are connected again, and the charging process starts. Although this method is not a traditional troubleshooting method for charging issues in Kindle Fire, it has worked well. However, if the issue persists, then you must check your warranty duration. If you have your warranty intact, then there is no problem. On the contrary, you may have to go for a complete replacement of charging port if you don’t have a warranty.
Factory Reset for Resolving Software Issues
With all the above troubleshooting measures ticked off your checklist, you might find a solution to your problem. However, if you still find the kindle fire not charging issue with perfect hardware, it’s time to verify the software. In this case, a factory reset of the device might just work as your last resort.
On the other hand, a factory reset of your kindle fire table does have some consequences. For example, a factory reset would remove all the data on your device, revert to initial configuration. Here are the steps you can follow for a factory reset on your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet.
- Make sure that you have data backups available before the procedure
- Check that all the data on your device is properly accessible
- Open the home screen and access the menu
- Choose ‘Settings’ and then select the ‘Device Options’ button
- Locate the ‘Reset to Factory Defaults’ option and click on it
- In the final step, click on ‘Reset’ to start the factory reset procedure
After completing the factory reset procedure, reload the system software, preferably the latest edition. The following steps can help you reload the system software for your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet.
- Press the volume up key and the power key constantly for around 40 seconds
- Leave the power button without removing your finger from the volume up key
- Wait for the ‘Installing the latest software’ message on display before removing your finger from volume up key
- Complete the installation process and then reboot the device
Some Other Issues to Look Out For
You can also notice the different issues that might be causing your kindle fire device to have charging issues. On the other hand, you should also check for debris or dust jamming the charger port. However, you also have to look out for certain usage habits that lead to such issues.
For example, playing with the device when it is plugged in can be a prominent cause of your kindle fire charging issues. Additionally, the frequent use of the charging port can also lead to the risks of port rot. The port rot’s impact leads to stress on the glue holding the port to the circuitry inside the device. You can take the following precautions to avoid a loose port,
- Keep the charging port free of dust
- Never use the Kindle Fire device while charging
- Use high-quality micro-USB cables, even if it costs a few additional bucks
Therefore, solving the charging issues with an Amazon Kindle Fire device is not so complicated. You can follow the pointers mentioned above for basic troubleshooting of charging your Amazon Kindle Fire device. As you can see, there is no rocket science behind solving the issues with charging your Kindle Fire. On the other hand, it is also important to note the value of proper usage habits to prevent such issues. All you have to do is use the device carefully and rely on using high-quality equipment for charging. However, if you face problems after basic troubleshooting, it is advisable to choose a reliable repairing service or a completely new device altogether.